Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oak Leaf with Free Pattern


I came up with this pattern after a few failed attempts, when I couldn't find a pattern for a leaf that I liked.
I like the curl that runs through it, instead of it being just a flat leaf.
As always, I tend to use whatever yarn I have on hand, and these don't use much at all. I made these using a G Hook.

Gauge: Not important.
Abbreviations:
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
st = stitch
lp = loop
sl st = slip stitch
tc = treble crochet
Piece will curl as you
work, try to hold it flat to make sure you can see what you are doing.

Oak Leaf Ch 20, turn  
Row 1: Starting in second st from hook, sc in next 4 st, ch 2, then work 2 tc in next st, Ch 2, sc in next 2 st, ch 2, work 2 tc in next st, ch 2, sc in next 2 st, ch 2, work 2 tc in next 2 st, ch 2, sc in next 2 st, sl st in last 5 st, ch 1
Row 2: Working in opposite side of foundation chain, work 1 sc in each st across (19 st), ch 1, turn
Row 3: repeat row 1. FO, weave in ends or use to tie to another piece.


If you like this pattern, want to try it yourself, or have problems with it, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern, I search online and your's was the best. I am creating a leaves garland. Thanks to you. Thank you.

j.r. said...

This a great little pattern! Thank you so much :)