Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Pouches - with Free Pattern


I made these at the request of my sister, Angelia. I think they turned out rather well, and they also gave me some ideas for other patterns I want to try. These are very simple drawstring bags, and I'm sharing the pattern here. Keep in mind, that I tend to work with basic Red Heart yarn bought at Wal-Mart, and I like working with the G hook. But these patterns are very forgivable, so just grab your favorite yarn and hook, because the gauge really isn't important here.

Note: piece is worked in rounds, no joining.
This pattern should be easily adjusted if you want a smaller or larger bag.


Pumpkin Pouch Begin with a "magic ring", adjustable ring. Ch 1
Rnd 1: sc 6 times into ring.(6 st)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around.(12 st)
Rnd 3: 2 sc in each sc around.(24 st)
Rnd 4: *1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st* repeat between * 12 times.(36 st)
Rnd 5: *1 sc in next 8 st, 2 sc in next st* repeat between * 4 times.(40 st)
Rnd 6-23: sc in each sc around.(40 st)
Rnd 24: *1 sc in next 4 st, ch 1, sk st* repeat between * 8 times.(40 st)
Rnd 25 & 26: sc in each st around. FO and weave in ends.(40 st)
Drawstring:
ch 65 or about 15 inches long.
If you like this pattern, want to try it, or have questions, please let me know.

No comments: