Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Storm passing through

So I woke up this morning, and went to log on the internet, check my email, facebook, etc, etc. And all of a sudden, I notice that the wind outside is blowing really strong. Wow, we might finally be getting some rain. So I check our local news channel on the web, and find out we are under a Tornado Watch.

Okay, I don't know about you, but I am absolutely TERRIFIED of storms. So here I am, sitting at the computer with 3 tabs on showing different weather aspects, pacing around the house looking out of every window, watching the radar and trying to calculate when the main body of the storm is going to hit us... I realize that I tend to go a little overboard when storms pass through. Turns out, all we got out of it was some strong wind gusts, and tiny sprinkling of rain. No Lightning. No Tornadoes. Here my stomach is tied in KNOTS, and nothing happens. My husband laughs at me for being paranoid.... my sister (who I call on the phone), giggles at my paranoia while trying to show some sympathy.

I'm thinking the holiday trip will be cancelled. My sister won't be coming down for Thanksgiving after all, because we won't have a house if a tornado rips through it. I'll have to call my mom to see if she can come home early because the house is gone.



LOL. Yeah, I'm one of those people. But so far so good. Looks like it is clearing out. Good thing, too, because we plan on driving to Jackson today, which is a good 2 hours away, in a car that has bald tires, and a bad wobble. So I'm not looking forward to that. :p

So needless to say, my house didn't blow away, the holiday trip won't be cancelled, and I don't have to call my mom home from the boat...

Still, I don't like storms, never have, and most likely never will. Unless I'm in a securely fortified stone/brick bunker that has no chance of ever being uprooted by wind/rain or other natural disasters. And seeing as how we can't afford anything like that... Yeah, I just pray that it's not storming the day I finally die. Because that would suck.

No comments: