Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crafty Ideas

So I'm already started on making Christmas gifts this year. And yes, I said "making". I am crocheting, and doing counted cross-stitch. My sisters and I agreed that since we are all flat broke, buying yarn/thread for making gifts is much cheaper than buying gifts. Plus, the fact that they are hand made just makes them more special :)

So, I'll put up a couple pics of what I'm making. Now, keep in mind that I'm not the world's greatest at crochet, considering I've barely any experience.

For one of my nieces, I'm making a bunny. I found the pattern for it online free here:
http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns&id=3

Here's my pic of the completed bunny I made.

The pattern called for just one color of thread to be used, but I started with a partially used roll of yarn (leftover from one of my mother's projects in days long gone), and got worried that I was going to run out before I could finish. So I just decided to use a different color for the ears. I believe it turned out rather striking :) I found some buttons to use for the face. I think the little white heart for the nose is too cute.

I will be making another one of these for my daughter, but using a fuzzier yarn. It will probably turn out cute, I hope, but I've never used that kind of yarn before, and have been warned that it doesn't work as easy as worsted weight yarn like I used on the above bunny. Oh well, my daughter is only 3, and she isn't picky ;)

I have ideas for my nephews, and am working on my own design for a bag for my sister. I'm also putting ideas together to create a unique cross-stitch picture for my other sister. I'm hoping they will be well-pleased. Keep an eye out for the completed projects to be posted here.

No comments: